Safety & Healthcare

A Horse by Nature.jpg
Book Review

A Horse by Nature: Managing Emotional and Mental Stress in Horses for Improved Welfare

By Mary Ann Simonds
Anyone who knows me is aware of my extensive library with its collection of horse books that go as far back as Xenophon’s “On Horsemanship,” Gueriniere’s “School of Horsemanship,” Olivereira’s “Reflections on Equestrian Art,” Tom Dorrance’s “True Unity,” Ray Hunt’s “Think Harmony with Horses” and hundreds of others in between and after. Regardless, I have virtually always referred customers to the latter — “True Unity” and “Think Harmony with Horses” to use in their pursuit of horsemanship.
Read More
Jeff-Cota-2023.jpg
Frankly Speaking

You’re Not an Imposter

Chances are good that there are people reading this who feel like they are imposters. You might find yourself in a roundtable at the International Hoof-Care Summit or a farrier clinic thinking, “I’m not as smart as these people. I’m not good enough. I don’t deserve to be here.”

Read More
Tom-Curl-Knee-700.jpg
Safety & Healthcare

Don’t Ignore Your Knees

Knee injuries can be devastating for farriers and their work
Professionals in physically demanding careers, especially the self-employed, often feel invincible. Strength building and physical fitness are simply part of the job. No one thinks a life-changing illness or injury will knock on their door — until it does.
Read More

Top Articles

Current Issue

View More

Current Issue

View More

Must Read Free Eguides

Download these helpful knowledge building tools

View More
Top Directory Listings