Safety & Healthcare

Press Release

BANIXX Presents New Anti-Bacterial/Anti-Fungal Cream

The first-aid company Banixx has come out with a new anti-bacterial/anti-fungal cream with marine collagen to aid in the recovery of numerous skin conditions, including wounds, cuts, scrapes, rashes, ringworm, hot spots, rain rot, horse scratches and dermatitis. The formula is effective not just for horses, but dogs, cats, birds and more.
Read More
Web Exclusive Feature

Why Poor Hoof Condition May Be a Result of Gastric Ulcers

Stomach ulcers in horses are a major health epidemic in the equine world and may be preventable or more easily treatable. More than 52% of horses of all breeds from 1 to 24 years old had gastric ulcers during a recent gastro-endoscopic study (Murray et al.). The Equine Gastric Ulcer Council found that gastric ulcers were present in 80-90% of competitive horses in training.
Read More

Research Journal: January/February 2019

The information, ideas and opinions expressed are those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the United States Department of Agriculture.
Retrospective case-control and cross-sectional studies were conducted in Italy to describe the clinical findings and outcomes of horses with interference injuries to the palmar aspect of the distal front limbs, and to identify factors associated with the injuries.
Read More
052_Craig_Trinka_JM_1017.jpg

Hoof Care for the Nervous Horse

Patience is the key to earning the trust and respect of anxious horses
Sometimes the farrier is confronted with a new horse that is averse to being handled, and it is important to be able to tell whether the horse is evasive because it is afraid and nervous or independent and spoiled.
Read More

Reader Commentary: January/February 2019

After looking at your online poll “Handling Hoof-Care Clients Who Re­fuse To Pay” (AmericanFarriers.com/articles/10591), I wanted to offer my own thoughts on handling clients like this. In my experience, getting paid is a process that starts long before the owner decides not to pay their bill.
Read More

Top Articles

Current Issue

View More

Current Issue

View More

Must Read Free Eguides

Download these helpful knowledge building tools

View More
Top Directory Listings