Clients

$300 for a Shoeing Job?

Editor’s note: Using an inflation calculator, the 1899 rate for the four new shoes and two pads would grow from $5 to nearly $150 in today’s buying power.
To some this is just an old invoice. But as a farrier, I see the history of our trade. It also tells me of the value of a farrier. The invoice on this page is from services performed by farrier Daniel Ward for the New York City Fire Department. These horses would pull the fire engine. A client of mine gave it to me after she had bought it for 50 cents at a yard sale in New York state.
Read More

Reader Commentary: Dec. 2017

Horse Owner Perspective: Work As A Team For Safety After reading your website article on the farrier who died on the job (“Wrongful Death Ruling Empowers Farriers,” americanfarriers.com), I wanted to say that my staff and I take responsibility for handling and controlling the horse for the farrier.
Read More

Top Articles

Current Issue

View More

Current Issue

View More

Must Read Free Eguides

Download these helpful knowledge building tools

View More
Top Directory Listings