Clients

Farrier Q&A: Dealing With Flies

A: I am very fortunate that on the farm where I do almost all my work, the owners use fly predators and they are absolutely amazing. There are almost no flies at all. If you can talk your farm owners into to buying them, I strongly recommend it. — Conny Svensson, East Windsor, N.J.
Read More
1188_SFJ_Jake_Whitman_JC_0317.jpg

How To Keep Your Equine Specimens Like New

Proper care will keep your skeletons and limb models in tip top shape
Anatomy models and skeletal limbs are invaluable tools for educating clients about their horses and the pathologies they might be facing. These specimens will prove helpful for years to come with proper care. Allie Hayes of Horse Science in West Boxford, Mass., and Walter Varcoe of Equineskeletons.com in Port Jervis, N.Y., are two of the foremost experts in the field of anatomical models and skeletons.
Read More
LP3_2161.jpg

Prepare Yourself for Fly Season

Entomologist offers tips to repel insects and improve your work area
If there’s one thing that farriers can count on, it’s that fly season is just around the corner. Before you stock your farrier rig with insect repellent, it’s important to understand which pest you’re up against.
Read More
Open_shoewear.jpg

Understanding What You’re Seeing In Shoe Wear

Properly identifying and addressing issues shown through shoe wear will help the horse and build a good client relationship
We live in a remarkable time with the advancements of diagnostic tools. Digital radiographs, MRIs, ultrasounds and other innovations can reveal so much detail at almost instantaneous speeds.
Read More

Top Articles

Current Issue

View More

Current Issue

View More

Must Read Free Eguides

Download these helpful knowledge building tools

View More
Top Directory Listings