Clients

Online With The Farriers' Forum

Customer Relations Issues

 Q: I know that sometimes accidents happen when working with horses and that unexpected expenses occur through nobody’s direct fault.


Read More

Echoes Of The Anvil

A little horse-owner communication can go a long way
Tim Tritch and Matthew Gillis often found themselves repeating things to different clients about the care of horses. Gillis came up with an idea to address that problem and Tritch enthusiastically went along.
Read More
Online With the Farriers’ Forum

The Question Of Scheduling

How Do You Keep Your Clients Regular?
So you've got the horse balanced, trimmed up properly and shod and you’d like to keep him that way. You ask the horse owner about scheduling the next appointment and you get an answer just about as firm as the sky you’re standing under.
Read More

Briefings

Douglas Weiss has found excessive starch that ferments in the horse’s intestine releases toxic byproducts and also increases the permeability of the intestine, which allows these toxins to enter the bloodstream.
Read More
One Farrier’s Viewpoint...

Common Courtesy & Common Sense

Better communication, continuing education should be farrier priorities
I had a few minutes between clients and was engaged in a conversation with one of the vets at the clinic where I’m a resident farrier. I was profoundly struck by what I observed during a momentary break in our discussion. Another vet walked up to us, excused himself and proceeded to ask the vet I was talking to for some suggestions on a case involving a foal with breathing problems. The clinic had already sent someone out to see this foal, but this was to be this vet’s first trip.
Read More

Farriers' Roundtable

How Do You Deal With Clients Who've Read Off-Beat Shoeing Articles?
“When your shoeing customers refer to shoeing practices they have read in magazines or on the Internet, your best course of action is to discuss them fully as to their merit and in the context of your understanding of the concept."
Read More

Top Articles

Current Issue

View More

Current Issue

View More

Must Read Free Eguides

Download these helpful knowledge building tools

View More
Top Directory Listings