News & Notes

A Legend Lives On

Well-bred horse carries name of Texas farrier Burney Chapman
When Bob Nappi got the call in November 1999 that his friend Burney Chapman had passed away, he was heartbroken.
Read More

Candidates Have Their Say

AFA vice president and secretary offices are up for election
Horseshoeing has provided me with a fantastic business opportunity, allowed me to leave corporate America behind and to become more involved with my two daughters’ passion—horses.
Read More
AFA Bulletin

Facing The Challenges Ahead

To say I am pleased with what we have done together in the last three years would be an understatement. In many ways this work has been my life, but I could not have done it without the help of the many American Farrier’s Association (AFA) volunteers, including our office staff and most recently John McCutchen, our executive director.
Read More
Dec-Whats-This--1.jpg
What's This?

Contest Winners

See who took home three FREE horseshoeing videos for the best diagnosis and treatment suggestions for this hoof
The “What’s This?” contest continues to draw attention on the American Farriers Journal Web site.
Read More
Hall-Of-Fame-1.jpg

Four For the Hall

Members of International Horseshoeing Hall of Fame Class of 2001 known for sharing their knowledge
There was a time when those skilled in a trade or craft jealously guarded their knowledge, sharing their secrets with only a select few.
Read More
afa

Plan For A Different Kind Of AFA Convention In 2001

With schedule changes, a barbecue sauce contest and a rescheduled board meeting, you’ll want to map out your trip early
You can start planning now for the 2001 AFA convention in Kansas City, February 28 through March 3, 2001. You may remember Kansas City from the tremendous convention we had there 5 years ago. Who can forget their famous mouth-watering steaks and the great hospitality everywhere we went.
Read More

What's New, What's Hot?

Check out these products of special interest to farriers from the annual meeting of the American Association of Equine Practitioners

WALKING DOWN THE trade shoe aisles during the recent American Association of Equine Practitioners annual meeting in December, a number of new products of interest to farriers caught the eye of American Farriers Journal staffers. 

Read More
Royal Wedding
From The Archives

Hoof Moisture a Concern with Road Horses

With the funeral of Queen Elizabeth II taking place Sept. 19, 2022, American Farriers Journal is sharing an article from our archives that covers farrier involvement in ceremonial activities. In this article from the September/October 1994 issue, we look at how 13 British Army farriers keep 200 horses well shod for ceremonial parade duty.
Read More

Top Articles

Current Issue

View More

Current Issue

View More

Must Read Free Eguides

Download these helpful knowledge building tools

View More
Top Directory Listings