Hoof-Care 101

Fridays-Farrier-Facts-and-Figures-Icon-small.png
Friday's Farrier Facts & Figures

Horse Roster | IHCS Payoff

This week's facts and figures... How Many Horses Do Farriers Typically Work With? What amount of increased business do you expect to earn this year from having attended last winter’s International Hoof-Care Summit? This edition of Farrier Facts & Figures is brought to you by Markel Insurance Co.
Read More
Farnam Logo
Online Hoof-Care Classrooms

Feeding the Foot

In this webinar, Dr. Richard G. Godbee discusses equine nutrition and how it affects overall hoof health. This webinar was brought to you by Farnam.
Read More
Sidebar

How Do You Measure Up?

The two accompanying charts below outline the costs for a veteran farrier who works with 150 different horses and handles 262 trimmings, plus 788 trimmings and shoeings a year.

Read More
Rising_Shoeing_Star_logo.png

Advice From A Rising Shoeing Star

Finishing farrier school means a significant jump — from student to full-time professional and, most often, small business owner. Farriers with a few years of experience achieving the success they worked hard for know the challenges this brings and their accompanying struggles well — and how to deal with them.
Read More

Quick and Easy Exercises That Will Prolong Your Career

There are few professions tougher mentally or physically than being a professional farrier. I believe the only job remotely close would be that of a professional athlete. The daily repetitive nature of the job and an awkward working posture definitely take their toll on the farrier’s and athlete’s body.
Read More
Screen_Shot_2017-07-13_at_41034_PM.jpg

Overcome Biases About You Through Your Business Plan

There is no argument that farriery is a male dominated industry. Being female is part of my experience as a farrier. To give you a bit of context, in Australia we have trimming schools filled with female recruits. In our farrier schools, of which there are only six, we have a total of four female apprentices over the entire 4 years of study for the country. So in Australia, as a female farrier, I’m rare.
Read More

Top Articles

Current Issue

View More

Current Issue

View More

Must Read Free Eguides

Download these helpful knowledge building tools

View More
Top Directory Listings