Business Practices

The Hoof-Care Bottom Line

Five Stages of Farrier Development

Each step on the ladder of a hoof-care career comes with its own set of characteristics and challenges
While farriery is an age-old and attractive profession, relatively little attention has been devoted to the professional development of farriers. Planning for professional growth is an important part of our personal and professional responsibility.
Read More
Buster-5.jpg

Farewell to a Friend

Buster Conklin Leaves Cornell University After 15 Years
As I look back over the years I have been at Cornell University’s New York State College of Veterinary Medicine, I remember many faces that have left impressions in my mind. However, none has impressed me more and gained my respect like Marshall Conklin, Horseshoer.
Read More

Why Giving Back is So Important

When Doug Stanley accepted the 2011 Summit Achievement Award at last winter’s 8th annual International Hoof-Care Summit, he challenged farriers and equine veterinarians in the audience to do more in volunteering their talents to the equine community.
Read More

Farriers' Roundtable

What is the best way to handle a situation where a new farrier in the area is undercutting everyone’s prices for shoeing and trimming?
What is the best way to handle a situation where a new farrier in the area is undercutting everyone’s prices for shoeing and trimming?
Read More

Top Articles

Current Issue

View More

Current Issue

View More

Must Read Free Eguides

Download these helpful knowledge building tools

View More
Top Directory Listings