Clients

Red Renchin
From The Desk Of AFJ

Farriers Hold Client Respect

One complaint I have heard from many farriers is their clients and others in the horse community lack respect for them. This is true among a small number of people who have no concept of what we do or lack a fundamental understanding of the importance of quality footcare (and the farrier's role in that).
Read More
Jeremy McGovern
From the Desk of AFJ

Technology Changes the Farrier-Client Dynamic

You have to take the good with the bad when it comes to technological advances making our lives easier. I recently spoke with a two farriers independently who each bemoaned a string of poor client interactions. That's not a new subject, but what struck me was how technology has changed the client-farrier interaction.

Read More
California_JC_0814_137.jpg

Should Farriers Give Clients Tack Advice?

Some provide insight, some decline, but most recommend experts
Some horse owners might have a slew of equine professionals at their fingertips - trainers, instructors, veterinarians, nutritionists and fitters. Yet, others are on their own and trust one of the equine professionals they interact with - their farrier.
Read More
Red Flags for Farriers

Recognize Subtle Signs of Horse Discomfort

Your ability to better identify and address what could be causing discomfort with a horse will aid in educating the novice horse owner
Horse owners have all types of backgrounds and motivations for owning horses. Some have vast experience while others have next to none. While working with this variety of clients, farriers must know how to handle and advise each one individually. Educated owners will be able to recognize subtle signs of discomfort. However, today there are many clients who lack that familiarity and knowledge.
Read More

Top Articles

Current Issue

View More

Current Issue

View More

Must Read Free Eguides

Download these helpful knowledge building tools

View More
Top Directory Listings