Clients

Online With the Farriers’ Forum

The Question Of Scheduling

How Do You Keep Your Clients Regular?
So you've got the horse balanced, trimmed up properly and shod and you’d like to keep him that way. You ask the horse owner about scheduling the next appointment and you get an answer just about as firm as the sky you’re standing under.
Read More

Briefings

Douglas Weiss has found excessive starch that ferments in the horse’s intestine releases toxic byproducts and also increases the permeability of the intestine, which allows these toxins to enter the bloodstream.
Read More
One Farrier’s Viewpoint...

Common Courtesy & Common Sense

Better communication, continuing education should be farrier priorities
I had a few minutes between clients and was engaged in a conversation with one of the vets at the clinic where I’m a resident farrier. I was profoundly struck by what I observed during a momentary break in our discussion. Another vet walked up to us, excused himself and proceeded to ask the vet I was talking to for some suggestions on a case involving a foal with breathing problems. The clinic had already sent someone out to see this foal, but this was to be this vet’s first trip.
Read More

Farriers' Roundtable

How Do You Deal With Clients Who've Read Off-Beat Shoeing Articles?
“When your shoeing customers refer to shoeing practices they have read in magazines or on the Internet, your best course of action is to discuss them fully as to their merit and in the context of your understanding of the concept."
Read More

Customers To Cull And How To Do It

Readers give their advice on which clients they'd drop and how to least painfully break the news
THERE IT IS. That sinking feeling that accompanies the realization that for whatever reason, you might have to tell a client that you can't shoe for him or her anymore and you don't want to make an enemy.
Read More

Top Articles

Current Issue

View More

Current Issue

View More

Must Read Free Eguides

Download these helpful knowledge building tools

View More
Top Directory Listings