Pictured Above: Roy Bloom
By Ashley Gasky APF-I
The American and International Associations of Professional Farriers (AAPF/IAPF) announced the application details for its annual Roy Bloom Scholarship program. The program supports two farriers continuing their educations by attending the International Hoof-Care Summit.
The program will award two eligible farriers this year by providing them:
- Registration for the 2018 International Hoof-Care Summit in Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Transportation to the Summit.
- Three nights at the host hotel.
One of these farriers also will be chosen as a grand prize winner. He or she will receive transportation and lodging for them to work with the AAPF/IAPF mentor of their choice.
The program will award one farrier with fewer than 5 years of experience and one farrier with more than 5 years of experience.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be a current member of AAPF/IAPF.
- Be registered with the AAPF mentoring program as either a mentor or mentee.
- Have never attended the International Hoof-Care Summit.
- Submit a completed application on or before Oct. 1, 2017.
Applications must include:
- A completed interest form from the AAPF/IAPF website.
- A brief résumé.
- A letter of recommendation from an AAPF/IAPF member.
- One of the following:
- A case study presented in essay or PowerPoint format, including photos from before and after hoof care spanning at least two cycles, and if possible, inclusion of thoughts and recommendations of another farrier and/or veterinarian.
- An article written on the topic of your choosing of at least 1,000 words and relevant to the farrier industry.
Roy Bloom Scholarship volunteers will review applications. These volunteers are committed to working with the applicants to assist in presenting their applications in an appealing format. Only content will be considered, but thorough proofreading is appreciated.
The application deadline is Oct. 1, 2017. Winners will be announced by Nov. 1, 2017.
If you have questions or concerns, contact:
- Ashley Gasky, Scholarship Committee
518-224-8704 or Info@Precision-HoofCare.com
Bryan Quinsey, AAPF/IAPF Executive Director
859-533-1465 or email@example.com