American Farriers Journal has announced the topics for the 24 Hoof-Care Roundtable discussions that will be held concurrently during three sessions at the 2019 International Hoof-Care Summit, January 22-25 in Cincinnati, Ohio. View the just-released 16-page program here.
The informal and interactive Hoof-Care Roundtables are designed to provide ample opportunity for attendees to share and compare common challenges and successful strategies with fellow farriers via an array of moderated yet informal discussions.
The first set of concurrent Hoof-Care Roundtable discussions will be held at 5:15 p.m. on Tuesday, January 22, and focus on these critical hoof-care topics:
- Hands-On Anatomy Warm-Ups
- Addressing Breakover For The Performance Horse
- Synthetic Footing And Traction Concerns
- Managing Mismatched Feet
- Shoeing The Dressage Horse
- Better Business Practices To Energize Your Practice
- Attracting Clients; Determining Which Ones To Keep
- For New Farriers (This session will focus on building a farrier business geared for success)
Hoof-Care Roundtable Discussion
These topics will be repeated during a second set of Roundtables held at 6:15 p.m. on Tuesday, January 22.
A third set of 8 roundtable discussions will be held in the evening on Thursday, January 24, and focus on these topics:
- Best Marketing Ideas For Growing Your Business
- Pros And Cons Of Diversifying Your Practice
- Preventing And Treating Hoof Cracks
- Effectively Assessing Your Work As A Farrier
- Assessing Options In A Therapeutic Case
- Share Your Best Footcare Tips from 2018
- Vet-Farrier Teamwork: Communicating A Concept Vs. A Specific Shoe As A Solution
- Environmental Influences Of Hoof Health And How You Manage Them
Hands On "How-To" Clinic
A special Early Bird Registration rate of $394 is available through January 2, 2019, offering attendees a $35 discount off the full rate of $429. Registration can be made online or by calling (262) 432-0388 between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. CT, Monday-Friday.
Educational Partners sponsoring the 16th annual International Hoof-Care Summit include: Life Data Labs, Equine Digital Support System, Castle Plastics, The Equine Lameness Prevention Organization (ELPO), Vettec and SmartPak.