American Farriers Journal has announced the topics for the 15 specialized Hoof-Care Classroom sessions that will be held concurrently during three sessions at the 2019 International Hoof-Care Summit on January 22-25 in Cincinnati, Ohio. View the just-released 16-page program here.
Intensive Classroom Session
Leading these intensive, in-depth classroom discussion sessions are several experienced and seasoned industry leaders. These sessions are designed to provide efficient and effective footcare solutions, and allow attendees’ the opportunity to ask questions and get answers to specific questions with fellow hoof-care professionals.
The first set of classroom sessions will be held simultaneously during Wednesday’s program and focus on 5 topics for today’s farriers:
- Interpretations of Radiographs for Farriers
- The Use Of The Half Heart Bar Shoe
- Can Laser Therapy Help Address White Line Disease?
- How To Break Through the Price Plateau Of Your Hoof-Care Practice
- How Yoga Can Help The Farrier
A second set of five concurrent classroom sessions will be held during a Thursday afternoon session, and focus on these topics:
- Management Of The Hoof Capsule
- Evaluation Of Equine Conformation To Assist In Defining Hoof-Care Needs
- Horse Breathing Problems And The Link To Laminitis
- Artificial Intelligence Is Transforming Hoof Measurements
- Don’t Let Debt Cripple Your Footcare Practice
A third and final set of five simultaneous classroom sessions will be held during a Friday morning session, and focus on these topics:
- Diagnosis Of And Shoeing For Soft Tissue Injuries In Western Horses
- Cold Shoeing Vs. Hot Shoeing
- Exploration Of Gait Analysis And Its Impact On Footcare
- The Next Step In Credentialing: Hunters/Jumpers
- Understanding Addiction And PTSD And Their Impact on Farriers
Back by popular demand at the 2019 Summit sessions are the special “How-To” Hoof-Care Clinics, offering attendees specific, actionable and direct instruction from industry experts on numerous hoof-care tips, tricks and helpful advice for better hoof-care results.
Hands On "How-To" Clinic
In addition to the classroom sessions, the 2019 International Hoof-Care Summit will feature focused General Sessions featuring knowledgeable speakers delivering presentations that offer an abundance of hoof-care ideas and strategies and 24 interactive Hoof-Care Roundtables where attendees’ can exchange the latest ideas and proven footcare strategies with their peers.
Learn more about the classroom sessions and other sessions that will be featured during this 4-day hoof-care focused Summit here.
A discounted registration rate of $394 is available through Jan. 2, 2019, offering a $35 discount off the full rate of $429. Registration can be made online or by calling (262) 432-0388 between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. CT, Monday-Friday.
Educational Partners sponsoring the 16th annual International Hoof-Care Summit include: Life Data Labs, Equine Digital Support System, Castle Plastics, The Equine Lameness Prevention Organization (ELPO), Vettec and SmartPak.