Education

AFA Bulletin

It All Comes Down To The Horse

AFA members need to remember and capitalize on what they do best
In an election year, there is always much unrest and many questions in the back of people’s minds as to the future of the American Farrier’s Association (AFA).
Read More

Shell Of A Time

Massachusetts farrier comes to the rescue of an injured turtle
It's one thing when a horse owner calls you out of the blue for an emergency shoeing, it’s another thing when the local veterinarian asks you to save an injured turtle.
Read More

The New School

Online class offers farriers an opportunity to gain knowledge in a low-cost, flexible manner
It's impossible to bring an apple for the teacher but the learning and knowledge are just the same.
Read More

Online With The Farriers' Forum

Cocked, Bowed-Back Pasterns

Recently I was called to shoe a 4-year-old horse that had lived his whole life in a pasture in Nebraska. He was barely halter broke and had never had his hooves trimmed!

Read More
Shoeing-Life-Lessons-1.jpg

Shoeing Life Lessons

A couple of old-school guys have some advice for young farriers
Combining almost 100 years of experience between the two of them, Bill Miller of East Olympia, Wash., and Hank McEwan of Langley, British Columbia, Canada, know a thing or two about horseshoeing.
Read More

Exciting Hoof-Care Ideas

The American Association of Equine Practitioners annual meeting kept farriers on the edge of their seats
The turkey and pumpkin pies barely had time to cool off before several thousand vets, farriers and suppliers headed to sunny San Diego, Calif., for the 47th American Association of Equine Practitioners (AAEP) meeting in late November.
Read More

Online With The Farriers' Forum

How To Soften Hooves As Hard As Cement
Q: I own a 13-year-old, 15.3 hand black Quarter Horse and have had him for about 7 years. I ride him all the time. Well, he’s got hooves as hard as cement! I’ve been fighting this problem since I first got him. I get a very hard ride, especially at trots and stops.
Read More

Top Articles

Current Issue

View More

Current Issue

View More

Must Read Free Eguides

Download these helpful knowledge building tools

View More
Top Directory Listings