Diseases

Morrison-1.jpg

Guiding Principles For Equine Podiatry

Scott Morrison shares how he does his job
Scott Morrison, the equine veterinarian who heads up the podiatry practice at Rood & Riddle Equine Hospital in Lexington, Ky., is on the go 6 and often 7 days a week, providing footcare for horses with problem feet.
Read More
The Right Shoe For Navicular-1

The Right Shoe For Navicular Horses

A guide to shoeing options that will keep these animals sound
Walter Koepisch has seen his fair share of navicular horses. With over 50 years of shoeing experience, the farrier and manufacturer of the Aluma Flight shoe, who operates DutchTown Forge in Belle Mead, N.J., is often called on for advice, tapping into his vast wealth of experience.
Read More
Battling-A-White-Line-A.jpg

Battling a White Line Case Caused by Bad Shoeing

Iowa farrier faces two-fold problem of keeping Saddlebred going through the show season while restoring health to its feet
A couple of new horses were brought into one of my Saddlebred barns over the summer. The trainer had called me in advance to warn me that their feet were in desperate need of help.
Read More
Lead Art

Cushing's Vs. Laminitis

In horses suffering from both laminitis and Cushingʼs disease, abnormal distribution of fat is the most common clinical sign

When it comes to determining the most common cause of laminitis, a recently completed study at the University of Pennsylvania’s School of Veterinary Medicine places equine Cushing’s disease right at the top of the list.

Read More

Hot Flash: Laminitis

LAMINITIS IS A dreaded malady. But until recently, our understanding of the disease remained painfully cloaked in mystery.
Read More

Top Articles

Current Issue

View More

Current Issue

View More

Must Read Free Eguides

Download these helpful knowledge building tools

View More
Top Directory Listings