Diseases

Give the Frog Proper Attention

Illinois farrier spends a lot of time examining and trimming the frog, and for good reason
What consideration do you give to trimming the frog? “I think we overlook it,” Danville, Ill., farrier Steve Sermersheim told attendees at the D.L. Schwartz Farrier Supply clinic in October. “I used to overlook it. I would just trim the frog and go on.”
Read More
Farrier Quick Takes

[Video] Thrushy Feet in Arizona

Rio Rico, Ariz., farrier Chad Lunderville discusses the misconceptions some people have about thrush in the American Southwest, and how he deals with tough cases.
Read More

Preventing And Addressing Hoof Flares

Identifying and correctly managing deformations are critical to keeping horses sound
Hoof flare is one of the most common issues facing farriers today. Yet as often as it’s seen, hoof flare is also potentially crippling to the horse. Recognizing hoof flare and treating it can be crucial to keeping your clients’ horses healthy and sound.
Read More

Top Articles

Current Issue

View More

Current Issue

View More

Must Read Free Eguides

Download these helpful knowledge building tools

View More
Top Directory Listings