Therapeutic Shoeing

Online Hoof-Care Classrooms

Shoeing the Club-Footed Horse

Bob Smith, the head instructor of the Pacific Coast Horseshoeing School, discusses the grades of club feet and the strategy needed to address each level. This is a lecture from the 2013 International Hoof-Care Summit.
Read More

What Are We Talking About? Farrier Explains Term Usage

I am Derrick Cooke, a Certified Journeyman Farrier with the American Farrier's Association. I have been shoeing horses more than 28 years and had the pleasure to help many with lameness issues improve quality of life and, in many cases, return to work and win championships. Many times, I hear people use the terms of the industry in context that are inconsistent with their needs. I am setting out to help clear up what we mean when we use the terms appropriately. The terms most confused are "Therapeutic Shoeing" and "Corrective Shoeing."
Read More
cover

The Farrier and Radiographs

X-ray machines are probably never going to become standard equipment on shoeing rigs, but the information gleaned through this technology can help you provide better hoof care and improve your standing in the eyes of your clients
Digital radiographs allow "stall-side" imagery that farriers and veterinarians can read within seconds, as farrier/veterinarian Raul Bras of Rood & Riddle Equine Hospital did on a Lexington, Ky., Thoroughbred farm in this photo.
Read More

Top Articles

Current Issue

View More

Current Issue

View More

Must Read Free Eguides

Download these helpful knowledge building tools

View More
Top Directory Listings