The World Championship Blacksmiths wrapped up its 15th season by crowning a familiar name as its national champion Saturday, Dec. 4, 2021, in Fort Worth, Texas.
Stanley, N.M., farrier Chris Madrid wracked up 231 total points to capture his second consecutive national championship.
Other noteworthy accomplishments include:
- National runner-up — Robert Jukes of Weatherford, Texas.
- Sandbox Finishing Systems Novice champion — Daniel Gunderson, CF, of Rockwall, Texas.
- Category 1 champion — Mason Mileski, CF, of Farr West, Utah.
- Category 2 champion — Jessica Melvin, CJF, of Asbury, N.J.
- Category 3 champion — Matt Hull, CJF, of Stony Point, N.C.
- Novice matchplay champion — Charlie Sayer, CF, of Junction City, Ore.
- Jim Blurton Matchplay and Liberty Live Shoeing champion — Chris Madrid, CJF, of Stanley, New Mexico.
- American Farriers Journal Most Improved Competitor — Steve Lowry, CJF, of Conover, N.C.
- Fingerlakes MFG Striker of the Year — Sawyer Spradling, CJF, of Lone Oak, Texas.