The World Championship Blacksmiths (WCB) wrapped up its 14th season in Fort Worth, Texas by crowning Santa Fe, N.M., farrier Chris Madrid as its national champion. The final competition of 2020 took place Dec. 2-5.
Other noteworthy accomplishments include:
- National runner-up — Cody Gregory, CJF, AWCF, of Lamar, Mo.
- Category 1 champion and American Farriers Journal Most Improved — Mike Miller, CJF, of Catlett, Va.
- Category 2 champion — Aaron Lohmann, CJF, of Winnsboro, Texas
- Category 3 champion — John Sagaria, CFJ, of Petaluma, Calif.
- The 2020 Finger Lakes Manufacturing Big Hammer of the Year — Mike Poe of Columbia, M.D.