This page lists material that supplements the March issue of American Farriers Journal.
- View the July/August 2021 issue
- Take the July/August 2021 issue survey
- Go to the Online Extras archive
Supplement to "A Deliberate Approach with Every Horse" on page 20.
Dr. Jenny Hagen
- Gain more insight from Dr. Jenny Hagen’s hoof-care research, as well as the full reference citations
- Reading "Anatomical Knowledge is the Foundation to Understanding Biomechanics"
- Full reference citations for "Tendons and Ligaments Supply Power, Stability" – Coming Soon!
Supplement to "Tendons and Ligaments Supply Power, Stability" on page 40.
- Sign up for the International Hoof-Care Summit Virtual Clinic Series to access a recording of Mike Wildenstein’s Burney Chapman Memorial Lecture presentation “Defining Equine Limb Conformation” from the 2018 IHCS.
Supplement to "Providing Hoof Care Based on Conformation" on page 58.
Gain more insight on alternative shoeing techniques
- Reading “What are Your Options for Achieving the Beneﬁts of a Sidebone Shoe?"
- Reading "How to Achieve the Benefits of a Frog Support Horseshoe"
- Watching a video demonstration of Pat Broadus welding a heel extension. – Coming Soon!
Supplement to "Z-bar Benefits are Practical for All Farriers" on page 74.
Gain more insight from Tab Pigg
- Reading “Managing the Base-Narrow Horse,” in which Pigg discusses an approach that could address the issue within two shoeings.
- Reading “Effects of Wedges and Mechanical Support on the Sole and Frog,” in which three shoeing modalities are explored.
- Reading “Fore! Golf Ball Offers Comfort While Rasping,” in which Pigg explains how the dimpled white ball helps him.
Supplement to "Are Your Bars Overgrown?" on page 84.
Protecting the Right to Organize Act of 2021
- Read the complete text of the Protecting the Right to Organize (PRO) Act of 2021
Supplement to "ABC Test May Change Hiring" on page 93.
- Videos about the SI joint. – Coming Soon!
Supplement to "Sacroiliac Joint 101 for Farriers" on page 102.
Post a comment
Report Abusive Comment