This page lists material that supplements the April 2019 issue of American Farriers Journal.
- View the July/August 2019 issue
- Take the July/August 2019 issue survey
- Go to the Online Extras archive
More insight from Jim Quick
- Read: “Practice, Practice, Practice.”
- Read: “A Grasp of Metallurgy Makes Your Job Easier”
- Watch: “Jim Quick Makes a Heart-Bar Shoe”
(Supplement to "Your Number 1 Job: Balance the Horse" on page 18.)
John Favicchia, highlights from this day shoeing show jumpers
- Coming Soon
(Supplement to "Developing an Eye for Detail over a Lifetime" on page 28.)
More insight from Danvers Child
- Listen: to an American Farriers Journal Podcast interview with Danvers Child.
- Watch: Online Hoof-Care Classroom “The Four Cornerstones of Hoof Health”
- Read: “Understanding What You’re Seeing in Shoe Wear”
- Read: “Don’t Limit Your Hoof-Care Options"
(Supplement to "The Highs and Lows of Mismatched Feet" on page 56.)
- Watch: A video showing Dirickson’s use of the winch — Coming Soon
(Supplement to "Extending His Career by Changing His Practice" on page 72.)
- Coming Soon
(Supplement to "Understanding and Demystifying Evidence-Based Farriery" on page 80.)
More insight on working with sedated horses
- Read: “Dealing with the Unruly Horse”
- Watch: Webinar “Using Dormosedan Gel with Uncooperative Horses"
- Watch: “Approaching Nervous or Unruly Horses”
(Supplement to "Sedation is Not a Foolproof Solution" on page 106.)
Farriers Week 2019
(Supplement to "Spotlight on Farriers" on page 119.)
2020 Summit Mail-In Forging Exercise
(Supplement to "Sidebone Shoe Challenge Delivers Practicality" on page 132.)
(Supplement to "Middle Eastern Sabbatical Provides Hoof-Care Lessons" on page 142.)