Business Practices

Hoof-Care Industry Honors Halls Of Fame Inductees

Dedication and lifetime achievements are trademarks of the “Class of 2006”

Honoring dedication to the craft and life-long achievement of high quality work, the International Horseshoeing Hall Of Fame and the International Equine Veterinarians Hall Of Fame each inducted four dynamic professionals into their exclusive ranks during February.

Read More
Clint Laybourn

Don't Look Twice, It's All Right

It looks like an ambulance, but this shoeing rig is now equipped to care for hooves, not people

Excuse the older folks who still pull to the side of the road when Clint Laybourn’s shoeing rig approaches from behind. Even without its emergency lights flashing, the truck still looks very much like the ambulance it once was.

Read More

Capewell Hits 125-Year Mark

Company’s long history is one of innovation, evolution and adaptation

The name would seem to say it all: Capewell Horsenails Inc. It doesn’t take a lot of imagination to see what has been the foundation of the company’s fortune.

Read More
Online With The Farriers' Forum

Frog and Sole Bound

I came across a 2-year old Thoroughbred that was moved to Missouri from Florida this summer. The first farrier the lady had out recommended she call someone else. I was the one she called.

Read More
Thomas Breningstallâ??s Bronco

Duct Tape and the Bronco

A shiny, new shoeing rig might make for pride and joy, but memories say an old beater can be much more than it’s cracked up to be

Back in 1976, when I decided I didn’t want to work for a living any longer, I decided to become a horseshoer and enrolled at Bob Reaume’s Wolverine Farriers School in Howell, Mich.

Read More

Top Articles

Current Issue

View More

Current Issue

View More

Must Read Free Eguides

Download these helpful knowledge building tools

View More
Top Directory Listings