Disciplines & Breeds

This Week

Hoof-Care Highlights: The Week of March 20

This Week: Hoof-care professionals across the country and the ocean are sharing what they know with others in the industry through social media, webinars and videos. Here are a few of our favorites. Hoof-Care Highlights is brought to you by Meader Supply.
Read More
3 various Jousting Images

Shoeing Jousting Horses

Jousting horses require athletic ability and for a farrier to provide ample traction

As farriers, we work with a variety of horses and clients. Since the summer of 2016, I’ve worked with a rare set of clients: jousters who travel and compete at Renaissance fairs. Although this is a very small niche of the equine industry, in a way it is still everyday work because of how I apply the basics.

Read More

Shoeing Performance Horses for Synthetic Surfaces

Strategies to keep equine athletes sound and comfortable during competition

The study of synthetic footing remains the frontier of the sport horse industry. In my opinion, synthetic footing is the sporthorse farrier’s greatest challenge. There is little scientific data available to guide farriers. Mostly, we have our own experiences and those of our colleagues to what works and doesn’t work for horses that are performing on synthetic surfaces.

Read More
This Week

Hoof-Care Highlights: The Week of February 13

This Week: Hoof-care professionals across the country and the ocean are sharing what they know with others in the industry through social media, webinars and videos. Here are a few of our favorites. Hoof-Care Highlights is brought to you by Meader Supply.
Read More

Top Articles

Current Issue

View More

Current Issue

View More

Must Read Free Eguides

Download these helpful knowledge building tools

View More
Top Directory Listings