Forging

Image_1

Making The Case For Building Your Forging Skills

These farriers say the forge is the foundation of good farriery and also will improve your shoeing business
The village smithy is a thing of the past. Today, the sound of steel against steel is more typically heard from an anvil hauled from the back of a farrier rig, more often from modifying a keg shoe than building a shoe from hot steel.
Read More
AFJ_45-46-1.jpg

Forging the Saddlebred Shoe

This year’s Calgary Mail-In Forging Exercise drew 32 participants from six countries
This year’s Calgary Mail-In Forging Exercise winner, Mark Lieser, is no newcomer to this valuable stay-at-home educational opportunity, having taken several top placings in the event over the last 6 years.
Read More

Experience Calgary in Your Own Shop

Here’s your chance to be part of an extraordinary learning experience while expanding your forging skills
It’s been a full decade since the annual Mail-In Forging Exercise was established to help you expand your shoe-building skills.
Read More
Product Knowledge

Finding the Right Fit for Titanium

Farriers say newest generation of shoes have earned a place on their shoeing racks.
Farriers are lucky to have a wide variety of skills, tools and materials to take care of horses' feet. When that new client calls, we sometimes need all three to do the job. I've always tried to stay on top of information that can help me do the right thing for my customers in all three areas.
Read More
Online With the Farriers' Forum

Farriers Weigh in on Missing Frogs

A client has obtained a rescue horse, which I trimmed about 10 weeks ago. At that time, the frog was gone from three hooves. I didn’t think anything about it since most horses were shedding frogs at that time.

Read More
Calgary

Brazilian Captures Mail-In Forging Exercise Honors

This unique forging exercise helps shoers improve their forging skills and leads to higher quality day-to-day hoof-care work
After participating in the Calgary mail-in forging exercise for 6 years, Flavio Souza captured top honors this year. The Brazilian farrier from Serra Negra, San Paulo, says earning this honor is one of the highlights of his shoeing career.
Read More
Local Association Spotlight

Mule Days Celebration Pays Homage To Walt Taylor

Farrier honored for support of event and support of fellow shoers
One of the founding fathers of the American Farrier's Association received a new honor recently, when Walt Taylor of Albuquerque, N.M., was named "Best Friend of the Farrier," during the 39th annual Mule Days Celebration in Bishop, Calif.
Read More

Expand Your Forging Knowledge Without Leaving Home!

The Calgary Mail-In Forging Exercise is an outstanding learning experience and a great way to expand your footcare skills
Now in its ninth year, the Mail-In Forging Exercise offers you a highly educational opportunity to expand your forging skills and earn a wide variety of valuable farrier products while being an important part of the World Championship Blacksmiths' Competition held each July in Calgary, Alberta.
Read More

Top Articles

Current Issue

View More

Current Issue

View More

Must Read Free Eguides

Download these helpful knowledge building tools

View More
Top Directory Listings