Oct. 1, 2017, is the deadline for the scholarship, which is annually offered by the American and International Associations of Professional Farriers (AAPF/IAPF). The scholarship will send two winners to attend the International Hoof-Care Summit in Cincinnati, Ohio.
The program will provide two farriers:
- Registration to the International Hoof-Care Summit
- Transportation to the Summit (reimbursement for auto or air travel)
- Up to 4 nights lodging at the Summit
The scholarship will be awarded to one farrier with less than 5 years of experience and one farrier with more than 5 years of experience. Additionally, the program will select a Grand Prize winner from the two farriers, who will receive an opportunity to work with the AAPF/IAPF Mentor of their choice for 3 days. Transportation and lodging expenses for the Grand Prize winner to work with their Mentor will also be paid for by the scholarship.
In order to be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must:
- Be a current member of AAPF/IAPF
- Have never attended the International Hoof-Care Summit (applicants may have applied for the scholarship previously)
- Be willing and able to participate in the AAPF/IAPF Annual General Membership meeting during the International Hoof-Care Summit
- Do the following by Oct. 1, 2017:
- Submit a scholarship application, as described below
- Have a fellow association member submit a letter of recommendation on the applicant’s behalf
- An essay on “Why I Would Like to be a Recipient of the Roy Bloom Scholarship,” addressing:
- What you hope to receive by attending the International Hoof-Care Summit
- The impact attending the Summit would have on your farrier practice
- The benefits you have received, or hope to receive, through your participation in the AAPF/IAPF Mentoring program
- Additional information describing your education and experience to get to this point in your life
- Fill out the online application on the AAPF/IAPF website
The Roy Bloom scholarship is made possible by the sponsorship of Dr. Frank Reilly of West Chester, Pa., as well as other friends and members of AAPF/IAPF. Scholarship winners will be announced by Nov. 1, 2017.
For more information, visit the AAPF/IAPF website or contact: