American and Canadian Professional Farriers (AAPF/CAPF) Press Release
The AAPF/CAPF is accepting nominations for its Board of Directors.
The 3-year term will begin February 2016 at the conclusion of its annual meeting during the International Hoof-Care Summit in Cincinnati, Ohio, and conclude in February 2019. Each year the association will fill three director positions.
Retiring directors in 2016 include:
• Brent Brown, APF, of Northport, Maine*
• Dave Dawson, APF, of Uxbridge, Ontario
• Cathy Lesperance, APF, of Fergus, Ontario*
*Brown and Lesperance are eligible to be nominated to run for a full 3-year term since both were appointed to 2-year terms.
The bylaws of the association were changed this year in relation to nominations for the board. Candidates for all board positions (directors and officers) shall:
• Currently serve, or have previously served, as a member or chairperson of an AAPF/CAPF Standing Committee or Task Force.
• Been a professional farrier or veterinarian for at least 10 years, and
• Be a current Accredited Professional Farrier (APF), DVM, VMD or other professional veterinarian designation.
To learn more about the responsibilities of being a board member, or for nomination form, visit professionalfarriers.com.
For questions, contact Executive Director Bryan Quinsey at 859-533-1465 or email him at email@example.com.