This page lists material that supplements the March issue of American Farriers Journal.
- View the September/October 2021 issue
- Take the September/October 2021 issue survey
- Go to the Online Extras archive
The Horseshoers’ and Blacksmiths’ Journal
- Coming Soon!
Supplement to"Business Advice from a Century Ago" on page 8.
Dr. Jenny Hagen
Supplement to "The Complex and Highly Specialized Hoof" on page 22.
Read other essays by Randy Luikart
- Coming Soon!
Supplement to "It’s All About Timing" on page 34.
Gain more insight on alternative shoeing techniques for suspensory injuries
- Reading “Helping Sport Horses Compete Through Suspensory Injuries,” in which modifications for suspensory shoes are explored.
- Reading a Q&A “Lowering Vs. Raising the Heel to Treat a Suspensory Ligament Injury,” in which farriers from around the country discuss their experiences.
- Reading “Fetlock Support Shoe Helps Suspensory Ligament Injuries,” in which Nathaniel White of the Marion duPont Scott Equine Medical Center discusses the benefits of the appliance.
Supplement to "Your Options for Supporting the Suspensory Ligament" on page 38.
White Line Disease
- Reading Michael Wildenstein’s research “Study Pinpoints Fungi as Cause, Confirms White Line Disease Treatment.”
- Reading “Severe White Line Disease Causes Serious Problems,” in which Dr. Lydia Mudd documents how an infection led to hoof capsule destabilization and coffin bone displacement in a Western Pleasure mare.
- Reading “UC Davis Treats White Line Disease with Surgical Laser,” in which farrier Shane Westman discusses how the procedure works.
Supplement to "How to Prevent and Treat White Line Disease" on page 48.
The Golden Horseshoe
- Watch the late Gunner Gatski tell the story of the golden horseshoe during his 2017 Hall of Fame induction.
Supplement to "Contents" on page 6.
From the Pages of AFJ
- Laura Gillespie and Mike Hayward — Coming Soon!