This page lists material that supplements the January/February issue of American Farriers Journal.
- View the January/February 2021 issue
- Take the January/February 2021 issue survey
- Go to the Online Extras archive
Shoeing for a Living Justin Galli
See video highlights from the day with Justin Galli showing his work to help prepare horses for the show ring – Coming Soon
(Supplement to "Putting His Stamp on the Family Business" on page 16.)
Gain more insight on choosing the proper shoe by:
- Reading “The WIDTH Protocol” in which Steve Kraus offers the objective guidelines to determining whether a horse should be shod or go barefoot.
- Reading “Matching the Shoe to the Job” in which farriers offer their perspective on shoe selection factors.
- Watching “Shoe Size Selection” in which Florida farrier Fabio Gnoatto explains his shoeing preferences.
(Supplement to "Choose the Appropriate Horseshoe with WIDTH" on page 30.)
Gain more insight from Dr. Jenny Hagen by:
- Reading “Effects of Trimming on Shape and Dimensions of the Hoof Capsule as Well as on the Phalangeal Alignment,” in which Hagen analyzes the effects of three trimming methods.
- Reading “How Trimming Methods Infl uence Equine Gait and Load,” in which Hagen’s research utilized a pressure measuring system to analyze the effects of three trimming protocols.
- Reading “The Horse in Motion,” in which Hagen analyzes what a horse’s movement means when trimming and shoeing.
(Supplement to "Fetlock Support Aids Tendon and Ligament Injuries" on page 35.)
Learn more about mental health issues by:
- Reading “Heed the Warning Signs for Stress,” in which Oklahoma shoer turned behavioral health rehabilitation specialist, Harry Trosin, discusses burnout.
(Supplement to "Seeing the Invisible Illness" on page 48.)
Learn more from Dr. Patricia Bona’s experience as an equine chiropractor by reading:
- "Improving Horses’ Flexibility Beneath The Skin," an article based on her presentation at the the 2018 International Hoof-Care Summit.
(Supplement to "No Foot, No Farrier" on page 52.)
Gain more insight on breakover by reading:
- Coming Soon
(Supplement to "What is Breakover? on page 56.)
Post a comment
Report Abusive Comment