This page lists material that supplements the April issue of American Farriers Journal.
Keys for Success When Using Direct Glue, page 12
- Read "Small Businesses Now Eligible to Apply for Coronavirus Relief Loans"
- Listen to a podcast interview with farriers Pat Broadus, Domenico Cellaro and financial advisor and former farrier David Barron about the coronavirus impacts on farriery.
- Download our free eGuide "Caring for Your Horse During a Pandemic" and share it with clients.
The Benefits of a Balanced Diet, page 24
- Watch Mike Barker’s International Hoof-Care Summit presentation “Over and Under Supplementation: The Effect on Hoof Quality”
6-Step Microbial Infection Protocol Focuses on Long-term Hoof Health, page 28
- Watch Sam Austin’s International Hoof-Care Summit presentation “Causes of Microbial Infections and Topical Treatment Protocols.”
Pads and Packing Make a Difference in the Ring, page 32
- Listen to the American Farriers Journal Podcast in which Dave Farley discusses his career and the important lessons he learned about running a business as a business.
- Read “Farleys Bring the A-Game to Wellington-area Shoeing” in a 2012 “Shoeing for a Living.”
12 Points of Reference in Trimming, page 36
Sole Searching for a Better Trim, page 38
- Watch Steve Foxworth’s International Hoof-Care Summit presentation "Sole Searching: An Exploration of Tissue."
Review the previous five installments of the Equine Reciprocating System by Deb Bennett
- Understanding Ligaments and Tendons In Horses
- Equine Reciprocating Systems: Interosseous Muscles to the Suspensory Apparatus
- Equine Reciprocating Systems: Connecting Tendon to Bone
- Equine Reciprocating Systems: Examining the Shoulder to Thorax Junction
- Equine Reciprocating Systems: Periosteum, Joints and Growth
Reflections on a 45-Year Shoeing Career, page 50
- Read “25-Year Shoer!” in which we ride along with Paul Melcher in a “Shoeing for a Living” day.
Improve and Maintain Hoof Quality through Moisture Regulation, page 53
- Watch Danvers Child’s International Hoof-Care Summit How-To Hoof-Care Product Knowledge Clinic presentation “Moisture Regulation.”
- Reading “The Mystery of Moisture and the Equine” in which Australian researcher Brian Hampson shares findings from his study of equine feet in different environments.
Pads and Pour-ins Offer a Variety of Therapeutic Shoeing Options, page 56
- Watch Nick Denson’s International Hoof-Care Summit presentation, “Shoeing Tips with Castle Pads and Pour-in Urethanes”
Post a comment
Report Abusive Comment