This page lists material that supplements the January/February 2020 issue of American Farriers Journal.
Insight On Improving Your Farrier Business
Downloading the Farrier Pricing Worksheet. – Coming Soon
Reading Kirsty Leśniak’s article “The Importance of Regular Shoeing” from the American Farriers Journal archives.
Watching the Online Hoof-Care Classroom “Business Strategies for the Farrier.”
(Supplement to "Transform Your Hoof-Care Business in 4 Easy Steps" on page 10.)
(Supplement to "Gain Confidence and Practical Forging Skills Using Concave" on page 18.)
Gary Faulkner’s practice in 1992
- Gain more insight about Gary Faulkner’s practice in 1992 by reading “Your Image and Work is What Counts!” – Coming Soon
(Supplement to "Find Success in Change" on page 26.)
2020 IHCS Rountables
Gain more insight on the Hoof-Care Roundtable topics by:
- Reading “Club Foot or Upright Foot? It’s All About the Angles.”
- Reading “Building Upon a Foundation of Sound Farriery.”
- Watching “Why to Expand Beyond One Style of Trimming.”
- Reading “Heed the Warning Signs for Stress.”
(Supplement to "Footcare Practitioners Share a Passion-Driven Education" on page 30.)
2020 Hall of Fame Induction
- Watch a recording of the 2020 Hall of Fame induction ceremony at the International Hoof-Care Summit. Meet the International Horseshoeing Hall of Fame and the Equine Veterinarian Hall of Fame inductees.
(Supplement to "7 Honored for Lifetime Hoof-Care Accomplishments" on page 34)
Reading “Identifying a Subsolar Abscess Isn’t Always Easy” in which Hall of Fame farrier Henry Heymering shares his tips for abscess detection.
Downloading the eGuide “Tackling Those Extra Tough Hoof Crack Concerns,” to take a more in-depth look a hoof capsule defects that can lead to infection.
Watching “Farrier Quick Takes” with Ohio Farrier Doug Hooper, to learn about one hoof-care professionals’ approach to using hoof testers.
(Supplement to "Understanding Hoof Infections" on page 44.)
- Coming Soon
(Supplement to "Thoughts on Managing a High-Low Horse" on page 48)
2020 Summit Mail-In Forging Exercise
(Supplement to "Summit Mail-In Challenge Winner" on page 54)
- Learn more about this project and the shoe selection. – Coming Soon
- Read some observations regarding shoeing performance horses that was shared at the 2019 American Association of Equine Professionals Convention. – Coming Soon
(Supplement to "Is Cryotherapy an Effective Analgesic for Lame Horses?" on page 56)
2019 Rising Shoeing Star
- Read more about the 2019 Rising Shoeing Stars
- Access the online application to nominate your candidate for 2020
(Supplement to "Recognizing the Footcare Leaders of Tomorrow" on page 59)