Equipment

Rasp_2_DSC_6707.jpg

Get the Most Out of Your Rasp

There are no secret tricks when it comes to getting the most out of your rasps — only proper care and usage
Over the past decade, several new models of rasps have been added to the farrier market. Likewise, products to sharpen these tools have also emerged.
Read More
ElectricHoofKnife_Opener.jpg
Product Knowledge

A Power Tool for Hoof Trimming

Merlin Electric Hoof Knife draws interest at the International Hoof-Care Summit
During a product knowledge presentation at the International Hoof-Care Summit in Cincinnati, Ohio, in February, Allen DeWolf drew laughter when he showed a slide with three phrases on it that he readily admitted probably didn’t seem to go together to most farriers.
Read More
anvil.jpg
Tool Care

Don't Let Your Tools Die Young

A veteran farrier shares insights he’s gained on getting more life out of your shoeing tools
What’s the best way for farriers to avoid tool damage? “Don’t use them,” Bob Schantz jokingly told those gathered for his presentation on tool care and maintenance and maintenance at the 2010 International Hoof-Care Summit.
Read More
EasySharp_opener.jpg
Product Innovation

Tough Times are Good Times for Some Products

David Manuel sees increased sales of Easy Sharp Liquid, which extends rasp life
Challenging economic times can actually be a boost for certain products — such as those that offer a way to extend the shelf life of essential tools.
Read More
Product Innovation

Driving Nails with a New Twist

Interchangeable screw-in heads make Montana inventor’s driving hammers more versatile
It probably seems difficult to come up with a new twist on a driving hammer, but Gray Mapston has done just that — literally.
Read More
35products_floor.jpg
Product Innovation

A Look at 35 Years of New and Better Hoof-Care Products

Survey indicates farriers, other hoof-care professionals have benefited from quality, quantity and diversity of offerings
On the road to putting together our list of the 35 Biggest Hoof-Care Product Improvements, we discovered several things; first of all, that it would be easy to put together a list of more than 35 products — but not quite so easy to mention 35 by brand name.
Read More
bigstockphoto_Farrier_Grinding_Horseshoe_6773780.jpg
Product Knowledge

Putting Power into Your Work

A Hall Of Fame farrier pulls from his experiences to offer advice on using power tools in shoeing
One of the things I like best about being a farrier is the independence I have in making decisions about how I do my work.
Read More

Beat The Buzz

Commercial sprays have their place, but also limitations, so farriers have found ways to provide relief from biting insects for themselves and their horses.
Read More

Top Articles

Current Issue

View More

Current Issue

View More

Must Read Free Eguides

Download these helpful knowledge building tools

View More
Top Directory Listings