The Virginia-Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine at Virginia Tech in Blacksburg is seeking an associate farrier. Applications are due June 16, 2017.
According to the posting by Virginia Tech, the farrier will “provide ambulatory (on the farm) farrier services to clients within the college’s practice area. The successful applicant will also provide backup coverage for, and assistance to, the in-house farrier service as needed.”
Positive interactions and professional discretion with others are necessary in the position.
“This position will also require contribution to instructional efforts of the service, specifically to farrier students, veterinary students, veterinarians, horse owners and other farriers.”
Minimum qualifications include:
- Certified Farrier distinction from the American Farrier’s Association.
- Successful completion of a farrier training program (or equivalent experience).
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team oriented, fast paced teaching environment.
- Effective communication skills.
- High school diploma (or equivalent).
- Rabies prophylaxis vaccine is required and will be provided by the employer.
Candidates who hold a bachelor’s degree in a related field, 24 months of farrier experience or training and the Certified Journeyman Farrier distinction from the American Farrier’s Association are preferred.
The hours will be 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday through Friday and pay will commensurate with experience.
Post a comment
Report Abusive Comment