The AAPF/GE Forge & Tool Leadership Award will be bestowed upon an individual or individuals who is not, nor previously has been a professional farrier and/or veterinarian. Other qualifications include:
• The recipient is well-respected by other members of the farrier industry.
• Served in volunteer capacities with either the Farrier Industry Association or other civic or charitable organizations in their respective community.
• Exhibits a willingness to share his/her knowledge about the business aspects of the industry.
• Possesses a continuing desire to learn more about the farrier industry and offer assistance to new and enterprising business persons.
• Has a willingness to go out of his/her way to help farriers and/or veterinarians.
• Demonstrates a strong belief in the need for highly effective customer service.
• The recipient may or may not be a current member of the AAPF.
The inaugural AAPF/GE Forge & Tool Leadership Award will be presented during the 2017 International Hoof-Care Summit in Cincinnati, Ohio. The recipient will take home a wine rack forged by Coshocton, Ohio, farrier David Farley. It includes four wine glasses etched with the AAPF and GE Forge & Tool logos and two bottles of wine.
Nominations are being accepted and may be made by contacting the AAPF at email@example.com.