This page lists material that supplements the May/June 2020 issue of American Farriers Journal.
- View the July/August 2020 issue
- Take the July/August 2020 issue survey
- Go to the Online Extras archive
Shoeing During a Pandemic
- Gain more insight on forging mechanics by reading “Bob Marshall Emphasizes the Fundamentals of Hoof Care”
(Supplement to "Biosecurity Protocols Limit Disruptions for Indiana Farrier" on page 14.)
Gain more insight by:
- Reading “Considerations For Negative Plantar Angles.”
- Reading “Two Ideas for Foal Extensions.”
- Reading “Beware of Potential Post-operation Infections.”
(Supplement to "Strategies for Troubleshooting Soft Tissue Injuries in the Western Horse" on page 30.)
Gain more insight from International Horseshoeing Hall of Fame farrier Randy Luikart by:
(Supplement to "Have We Lost Common Sense?" on page 44.)
Gain more insight from British farrier Wayne Preece by:
- Reading his article “Strategies for Correct Biomechanical Function.”
- Reviewing illustrations of Preece’s discussion of breakover. — Coming Soon
(Supplement to "What Inﬂuences Your Shoe Choice?" on page 54.)
Dr. Maarten Oosterlinck
Gain more insight from Dr. Maarten Oosterlinck’s research by:
- Reading “Is There a Link Between Limb Length Disparity and Asymmetrical Feet?”
- Reading “The Horse in Motion.”
(Supplement to "Pressure Plate Analysis Measures Horses’ Dynamic Weight Distribution" on page 76.)
Gain more insight from International Horseshoeing Hall of Fame farrier Bruce Daniels by:
- Reading the Shop Talk in which Daniels detailed three methods for shearing bar stock.
- Reading “Tips For Everyday Shoeing From One Of The Legends: Bruce Daniels.”
- Reading “Making Hand-Held Stampers And Creasers: An Illustrated Lesson.”
- Reading “Small Victories.”
- Reading “Bar Shoes.”
- Reading “Nail Them Up.”
- Reading “The Fourth Dimension Of Balance.”
(Supplement to "Slick Tips for Shearing Bar Stock" on page 92.)
Gain more insight from farriers interviewed during the COVID-19 pandemic by:
- Listening to our podcast or watching our video with farriers Alex Garcia and Shane Westman.
- Listening to our podcast or watching our video with International Hall of Fame farrier Dave Farley.
- Listening to our podcast or watching our video with International Hall of Fame farrier Tom Curl.
(Supplement to "Experience and Horse Types Help Farriers Succeed During Crisis" on page 124.)