A small Ohio college is searching for qualified candidates to mold the minds of the next generation of farriers.
Hocking College, located in Nelsonville, Ohio, is on the hunt for a new farrier instructor for its Equine Science program in a 9-month professional bargaining unit position. The search will remain open until the position is filled.
The primary focus of the instructor will be to “spearhead a revamping of the current curriculum to align with certification with the AFA (American Farrier’s Association) and begin the process of assisting students through the certification process while enrolled as students at Hocking College.” The role will also have a host of other responsibilities, including:
- Provide instructional services.
- Perform academic advising activities.
- Engage in continuous professional development in both teaching and discipline-specific theory and practice.
- Participate in department activities.
- Participate in new student enrollment activities (recruitment, registration, QuickStart, and Showcase).
- Participate in Academic Affairs and other institutional activities.
- Maintain a safe working area and conditions.
Additional requirements and responsibilities can be found here: http://www2.hocking.edu/careers/26
To apply, email a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.