This page lists material that supplements the November 2016 issue of American Farriers Journal.
Video: Maximizing Rig Space & Propane Capacity
Watch Jimmy Petty demonstrate how he set up his twin 30-pound propane tanks.
(Supplements to the article "Good Ideas To Improve Your Rig" on Page 40.)
Watch videos and read a 2009 article from Karl Shewmake that demonstrate proper stretching exercises recommended before you start working each day.
- It's Tough To Do, But Think Of Back Pain As Your Friend
- Video: Two Exercises For Your Back
- Video: Preparing Your Back For A Day Of Working With Horses
(Supplement to the article "Quick And Easy Exercises That Will Prolong Your Career" on Page 44.)
- What is the number 1 reason that you fire a client? Take our poll.
- What is your best way of weeding out bad prospective hoof-care clients? Share your thoughts.
- Read more tips from Justin Mundt on how he fire clients.
(Supplement to the article "Avoid Undesirable Clients Asking These 6 Questions" on Page 48.)
Vet's Corner: Barefoot Versus Shod?
Read an insightful paper by Dr. Stephen O'Grady on the subject of barefoot vs. shod.
(Supplement to the article "Various Aspects Of Barefoot Methodology Relevant To Farriery" on Page 52.)
Videos: Tool Tips With Roy Bloom
- How To Sharpen Nippers
- Are You Properly Using Tongs?
- Making Sense Of Grinding Belts
- Make Your Hammer Handle Work For You
- Are You Using Crease Nail Pullers Correctly?
- Maintaining Proper Mechanics At The Anvil
(Supplement to the article "Getting A Handle On Hammers" on Page 60.)
Watch Curtis Burns use a book to demonstrate how a crack behaves.
(Supplement to the article "Don't Let Quarter Cracks Slow Your Clients" on Page 64.)