The team of farriers within the Department of Veterinary Clinical Services at Sha Tin racecourse and Beas River Equestrian Centre provides farrier services to 1,200 Thoroughbred racehorses and 750 equestrian horses. The deadline to apply is Tuesday, Nov. 15, 2016.
A candidate should have:
• A minimum of 1 year as a qualified farrier with experience in shoeing equestrian and Thoroughbred racehorses.
• Experience in therapeutic shoeing and resolving troublesome foot cases.
• A high standard of shoeing and shoemaking skills.
• Excellent anatomical knowledge of the horse.
• Enthusiasm to develop your own skills to progress within the club.
• Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
• Excellent communication skills with proficiency in written and spoken English.
• Effective administrative skills and a degree of computer literacy.
• Self-motivation and be able to work as an individual and within a team.
• An open-mind about teaching and enthusiasm.
• A full, clean driving license.
If hired, the senior farrier will:
• Provide dedicated support to the master equestrian farrier at Beas River Equestrian Centre and public riding schools.
• Provide support when required at Sha Tin working with racing Thoroughbreds.
• Provide assistance and support to local farriers with challenging cases.
• Assist in the teaching of apprentices and help to develop skills of other farriers.
• Provide administrative support for stock management and control.
• Provide professional advice and support to our dedicated team of veterinary surgeons.
• Assist the master equestrian farrier in the reaccreditation of the farrier apprenticeship program.
Applications may be submitted via mail, FAX or email. Send your résumé, expected salary and job reference to:
The Human Resources Department
The Hong Kong Jockey Club
8/F, Sha Tin Central Complex
Sha Tin Racecourse
New Territories, Hong Kong
FAX: (852) 2966-6984