Shop Talk: December 2018
- Fort Worth, Texas, farrier Ronnie Joe Spooner passed away in late October. He was 72.
- Duluth, Minn., Diamond Horseshoe machinist Donald Charles Schramm passed away in late October. He was 85.
- Gadsden, Ala., farrier Jackie Blanton passed away in late October. He was 81.
- Elkin, N.C., farrier Thomas Snow James passed away in late October. He was 85.
- Hereford, Ariz., farrier Vern Miles passed away in mid-October. He was 78.
- Knoxville, Ill., farrier Don McCoy passed away in mid-October. He was 81.
- Santa Cruz, Calif., farrier Stanley Williams Jr. passed away in early October. He was 57.
- Midland, Texas, farrier Philip Hancock passed away in early October. He was 65.
- Healthcare and data company Horsepower Technologies Inc. (HTI) celebrated the grand opening of its new and renovated office space in Lowell, Mass.
Zinpro Corp. has acquired two leading companies in water-soluble-based animal nutrition and nutrition support. The acquisitions of Paragon Specialty Products LLC (based in Rainsville, Ala.) and CouvLotta LLC (based in Rockport, Texas) took place on Nov. 1, 2018. Both companies will remain based in their current locations with existing staff.
- The Northeast Association of Equine Practitioners recently announced new additions to its board of directors and executive committee. Farrier Bob Pethick of Califon, N.J., and Dr. Katherine Chope of Westborough, Ma., will each serve a 3-year term on the board of directors. Dr. Raul Bras of Lexington, Ky., will serve as president, Dr. Jim Zeliff of Murrysville, Pa., will serve as vice president and…