Anatomy

Research Journal: May/June 2022

The information, ideas, and opinions expressed are those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the United States Department of Agriculture.
  • Heel Expansion and Glue-On Shoes
  • Application of the Ridden Horse Pain Scale
  • Hoof Trimming Effects Hoof Impact
  • CBD for Joints

Read More
Luikart_Physics_Art.jpg
Farrier Observation

How are Horses and Airplanes Similar?

How learning physics can improve your farrier business
If you have attended any of my presentations, you know full well that I incorporate mathematics, trigonometry and physics into the explanations. My goal is to deliver a clearer and less disputable understanding.
Read More
Ultrasound-as-Part-of-the-Diagnostic_Leadart.jpg

Veterinarian and Farrier Teamwork: Ultrasound and the Pastern Region

Guidelines for better veterinarian-farrier collaboration on ultrasound diagnostics

Practicing at Tufts University in Massachusetts, equine veterinarian Kate Chope brings her expertise to the clinic’s ultrasound team. When challenged with understanding what is behind an equine limb injury, ultrasound is a valuable tool that can help the team determine the cause and arrive at a decision to best help the horse.

Read More
This Week

Hoof-Care Highlights: The Week of March 20

This Week: Hoof-care professionals across the country and the ocean are sharing what they know with others in the industry through social media, webinars and videos. Here are a few of our favorites. Hoof-Care Highlights is brought to you by Meader Supply.
Read More
F1_Teichman-copy.jpg

How Modifications Affect Breakover

This study examines the effects of front shoe-surface modifications in the sport horse on the speed of breakover during the walk and trot on artificial and solid surfaces

In recent history, shoeing has had two primary requirements: protect the hoof capsule and alter the horse’s performance (Adams and Stashak, 2002). When it comes to enhancing performance and altering kinematics, toe-surface modifications are of key importance in the veterinary and farrier professions (Hüppler et al., 2016).

Read More

Top Articles

Current Issue

View More

Current Issue

View More

Must Read Free Eguides

Download these helpful knowledge building tools

View More
Top Directory Listings