News & Notes

AFA Candidates Speak Out

Offices of president, treasurer are on the ballot
I am running for president of our association and I'm writing this statement so that you all may be informed of what I believe our priorities should be for the next 2 years.
Read More

Shiny New Shoers

Graduates of the Minnesota School of Horseshoeing can be forgiven if they think that nailing on a keg shoe is a form of animal abuse
After all, they’ve just spent 10 weeks under the tutelage of Richard Duggan, American Farrier’s Association Certified Journeyman Farrier and, with his wife, Nancy, owner of the Ramsey, Minn., school.
Read More
Modifying Keg Shoes

Kick Up Your Heels!

Knowing how to add heels to your keg shoes is a useful and profitable skill
If your customers or climate require even the occasional use of calks, it makes sense to stock a variety of heeled shoes in your shoeing rig.
Read More
hall of fame

Shoeing Honors For Three

This year's International Horseshoeing Hall of Fame members went well beyond the call of duty
The horseshoeing business certainly owes a tremendous amount of gratitude to this year’s three inductees into the International Horseshoeing Hall of Fame.
Read More

How Drinking Water Affects Hoof Quality

The chemical interactions between minerals in hooves and drinking water can have a significant impact on equine nutrition
Countless horse supplements and feeds exist, each claiming to be the “best,” the “optimum,” “your assurance of maximum performance” or featuring a slogan like “insurance for perfect health.”
Read More

Keeping It Clean

Mounted vacuum provides cheap alternative to messy shoeing rig
The mess in his rig at the end of the day can be unbearable for farrier Jeff Smuck of Alden, Iowa.
Read More

Top Articles

Current Issue

View More

Current Issue

View More

Must Read Free Eguides

Download these helpful knowledge building tools

View More
Top Directory Listings